20 Jun '17 We are hiring!
Due to ongoing expansion and growth, we are have four vacancies open. We offer a unique opportunity to work in an international environment and influence Marorka’s future products and services.
We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer passionate about data analytics to help build our cloud-based Data Processing Infrastructure.
Within the infrastructure we are collecting, storing and processing vast amounts of operational data from ships around the world, which requires both batch- and real-time processing.
The position will require you to work with state of the art technologies in the big-data space, including Spark, Spark Streaming, along with a vast variety of Amazon Web Services.
An additional role for this position is to provide the APIs needed to serve other teams within the organization and our partners.
- Build and maintain cloud-based services
- Development of APIs
- Database and data pipeline architecture
- The following skills are desired:
- Experience of building scalable and fault tolerant cloud-based services is required
- Extensive knowledge of databases and data architectures.
As demands on our systems are growing fast we’re looking for a skilled DevOps Engineer to ensure their effective and reliable operation.
- Work closely with our development teams to minimize deployment effort and maximize reliability of our solutions
- Monitor application and system health and respond to problems as they arise
- Develop and manage our cloud infrastructure (AWS & Azure)
- Web development experience
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, AWS and Azure in particular
- Experience with Windows Server & SQL Server administration
- Solid networking knowledge
We’re looking for an experienced developer seeking challenging work to join us in further developing our maritime energy management solutions.
- Write quality code using test-driven methods
- Work closely with Product Managers to clarify requirements and plan releases
- Work closely with QA and other teams to continuously improve R&D procedures
- 3+ years work experience
- Skilled in .NET (C#) development and SQL
- Experience in unit testing frameworks, TDD and UI testing
- Passionate about software quality
- Good communicator, eager to learn and share professional knowledge
We are looking for a project manager to oversee the implementation of energy management systems for ships. The projects are complex and require the applicant to have a good understanding of technical concepts. It will be important to show initiative and to be positive and motivating. Communication with clients will be a major part of the job.
- Collaborate with clients and other departments during each project and gather the information necessary to build Marorka systems
- Ensure successful installation and commissioning
- Provide customers with follow up necessary for the successful implementation of energy management systems
- Good technical knowledge
- Ability to apply strategic thinking and problem solving in planning and management
- Accuracy, along with organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency in English
- Experience and education in project management is an advantage
- Experience of ship operations and general knowledge of shipping is beneficial
Location: Marorka office in Reykjavik, Iceland
Job application and deadline: